Advertising Project Manager - Healthcare/Pharma
- Full Time
- Account Services
- Mid Level
At Schaefer Ad Co., our goal as an agency is to make life better for our clients, our team, our community and ourselves. Our culture impacts every area of the agency and is rooted within every employee from the top down. Across each discipline, every person at the agency is encouraged to be their best selves — even the agency dog. That’s why Schaefer Ad Co. is more than just one person, a name on a building, or even just a place where people gather to work. It is a place that fosters community, where differences are admired, and out-of-the-box ideas are encouraged. Within these four walls is an environment that demands self- and team-growth via exposure to new things. This mindset is what drives our agency to be an empowering place to work that always strives to maintain a fun, engaging and collaborative environment. And don’t just take our word for it. Listen to MM&M or Fort Worth Magazine who named us a “Best Place to Work” in 2020 and 2021.
We achieved those honors in part because, whether it is through our various Schaefer outings or our internal kitchen happy hours, at Schaefer individuality is celebrated at every opportunity. The result of this type of environment is a place that every employee is proud to call home. Because at Schaefer Ad Co. we are more than just merely coworkers, we are a family – and not the type that is simply united by blood, or are forced to spend the holiday together, but a group of people who genuinely trust, care about, and look out for each other. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity and exposes us to new ways to understand and engage with our work, identify problems, and to discover, create, and deliver results. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive working environment.
Schaefer Advertising Co. is looking for a confident, competent Advertising Project Manager to join the account service team in our Healthcare group.
If you thrive being around people and working on a team, you love a fast-paced environment and your take-charge and upbeat attitude gets the job done and gets the job done right, then you are in the right place.
Your primary responsibility will be to take a leadership role to ensure strategic plans and campaigns are brought to fruition on time, on budget and with high quality for key clients within the Healthcare group. You will report to an Account Supervisor who will directly mentor and be responsible for guiding your ongoing professional development. You will work in close partnership with Schaefer’s digital, creative and finance teams to profitably manage and deliver all work identified in existing annual brand plans.
The vision for this role is to add a key account leader to expand Schaefer’s successful healthcare vertical. You should be an organized, self-sufficient, independent, proactive Project Manager with agency or client-side experience. Specific success in pharmaceutical or medical device accounts is a definite plus.
To be successful, you are confident when engaging with clients and agency partners while maintaining a steely focus on overall value and excellent execution. You must live out the Schaefer values in every situation and decision.
- Manages multiple clients with large scale budgets through all facets of multi-channel (paid-owned-earned) campaigns and projects to yield the desired business results for clients
- Demonstrated experience managing client expectations and communications streams within the realm of project management
- Able to clearly articulate with clients and internal teams on project requirements, status updates, feedback, challenges and opportunities.
- Successfully manages up and across agency teams
- Clear understanding and ability to grasp a variety of client deliverables and guide the production team in the development of estimates and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to bring projects to completion on strategy, on time and on budget
- Possesses strong organizational, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains a positive, team-player attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Build and grow client relationships
- Own all related project management duties for all traditional media, digital media, website and marketing projects
- Proven understanding of digital initiatives with ability to grow this acumen
- Develop thorough and clear planning and project briefs that effectively communicate projects to cross-functional teams and work with account strategy leads to ensure these meet client strategic and marketing plan requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot in on-demand settings and exhibit knowledge relative to a campaign or project execution
- Serve as the agency hub, supporting collaboration with strategy. creative, digital and production teams within the agency
- Ability to receive and process client feedback in conjunction with account leadership to define next steps
- Can manage client and agency communications clearly and concisely to ensure positive outcomes
- 3-5 years’ experience working in an advertising agency environment on the project management team or in a similar role in a company
- Experience in, and a passion for healthcare marketing
- Experience in pharmaceutical, medical technology or highly regulated brands is preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Is a proven, emerging leader, with the capability to bring a diverse team of experts together to successfully solve client problems in both digital and traditional channels.
- Has successfully built trusted agency and client relationships in previous positions and a demonstrated track-record of generating organic growth thanks to exceptional work.
- Is outgoing, persuasive and very comfortable meeting new people. Approaches situations with optimism and an upbeat, flexible attitude.
- Is a good listener that will glean key information from clients and colleagues and be able to articulate those insights when required.
- Is very flexible and adaptable to change/pressure that comes with shifting priorities or deadlines. Responds positively to unpredictable situations or problems that naturally occur throughout your work responsibilities.
- May be perceived as impatient, but in reality is driven to react swiftly and juggle competing priorities. Pushes yourself and those around you to perform at peak levels.
- 401k with 3% Employer Contribution
- Very Generous Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Days, Generous Holiday Schedule
- Profit Sharing
- Hybrid Remote Work Opportunity
Schaefer Advertising Co Talent Philosophy
Every job in the world comes with a certain set of expectations. But at Schaefer, we set the bar unapologetically high. Exceeding expectations is a great place to start. Every job matters, and whether it's behind the scenes or in front of our clients, performing each task with excellence is what sets us apart.
Every Schaefer employee is responsible for positively contributing to the length and breadth of our culture. We have a responsibility to each other and to our clients, so we will be
our best, healthiest selves. That doesn't mean we're all the same; we're a diverse collection of personalities, preferences, tastes and talents. We will be patient. We will be kind. We will be respectful and compassionate. We will put others first. We will always tackle conflict with respect.
Good work is expected. Great work is rewarded. We all play a role in advancing this company forward, and each person’s path will be clearly defined based on their responsibilities, performance, capacity to grow and drive to learn. We invest and reward employees who consistently demonstrate a drive for company and personal growth.
We will provide a clear path for all employees through training and experiences to develop the skills and characteristics needed for advancement. We value transparency in the form of open and honest dialogue across every position in the company. We want to understand your career aspirations – and we will be transparent with you as that relates to your opportunity for growth and advancement.
No one's perfect. And no one's an island. If we're going to meet our high standards and lofty goals for growth and achievement, we all need accountability. To us, this isn't a looking down but a coming alongside of one another as we all pursue excellence. You have a responsibility to yourself and to the agency to do what you say you are going to do, when you said you were going to do it. And help hold others accountable to doing the same.
What’s Next? If this opportunity and more importantly, Schaefer Advertising, feels like the right fit for you please submit your resume and cover letter here. All applicants will be contacted by our team with a follow up response. Our hiring process is rigorous, so expect a deep dive into not only what you know but who you are, all designed to ensure that we make the best hiring decisions for you and us.