Account Supervisor - Healthcare
- Fort Worth, TX
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Advertising Agency Account Supervisor / Team Leader – Healthcare
At Schaefer Ad Co., our goal as an agency is to make life better for our clients, our team, our community and ourselves. Our culture impacts every area of the agency and is rooted within every employee from the top down. Across each discipline, every person at the agency is encouraged to be their best selves — even the agency dog. That’s why Schaefer Ad Co. is more than just one person, a name on a building, or even just a place where people gather to work. It is a place that fosters community, where differences are admired, and out-of-the-box ideas are encouraged. Within these four walls is an environment that demands self- and team-growth via exposure to new things. This mindset is what drives our agency to be an empowering place to work that always strives to maintain a fun, engaging and collaborative environment. And don’t just take our word for it. Listen to MM&M or Fort Worth Magazine who named us a “Best Place to Work”.
We achieved those honors in part because, whether it is through our various Schaefer outings or our internal kitchen happy hours, at Schaefer individuality is celebrated at every opportunity. The result of this type of environment is a place that every employee is proud to call home. Because at Schaefer Ad Co. we are more than just merely coworkers, we are a family – and not the type that is simply united by blood, or are forced to spend the holiday together, but a group of people who genuinely trust, care about, and look out for each other. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity and exposes us to new ways to understand and engage with our work, identify problems, and to discover, create, and deliver results. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive working environment.
Are you outgoing? Self-assured? Fast paced? Do you thrive when you are spinning multiple plates at a time? Does working on leading healthcare accounts light your fire? If so, Schaefer Advertising may have just the opportunity for you.
If your idea of account supervision is babysitting the client or shuttling work between the creative team and the client, then this will definitely not be your cup of tea. However, if you are looking for an opportunity that enables you to cultivate strong relationships, while excelling at account management and leadership while delivering topnotch work, read on, this may be just the right fit for you. You love a fast-paced work environment and enjoy the challenge of solving the tasks at hand.
As an account supervisor you will be responsible for leading and managing a roster of healthcare clients and serve as a manager and mentor to your team of account managers or coordinators. We are seeking an organized, self-sufficient, independent, proactive account supervisor with agency experience. Specific experience in pharmaceutical or medical device accounts, is a definite plus.
You will lead and manage a roster of Schaefer’s current healthcare clients and serve as a manager and mentor to a team of account managers and/or coordinators. You are responsible for cultivating strong client and team relationships, leading to financial and professional growth respectively. As the account supervisor, you will work in close partnership with Schaefer’s digital, creative and finance teams to profitably manage and deliver all work identified in existing annual brand plans as well as lead strategic development of future plans for upcoming fiscal years.
The vision for this role is to add a key strategic thinker that allows us to expand Schaefer’s successful healthcare vertical. You should further reinforce our industry expertise, bolster our strategic counsel and strengthen our entire healthcare team and creative product. In addition, you help open leadership bandwidth to help fulfill the agency’s commitment to grow the healthcare vertical.
To be successful, you are confident when engaging with clients and agency partners while maintaining a steely focus on overall strategic value. Finally, you must live out the Schaefer values in every situation and decision.
- Leads multiple clients with large scale budgets through all facets of multi-channel (paid-owned-earned) campaigns and projects to yield the desired business results for clients
- Develops strategic plans across various clients and coaches/guides team through thestrategic planning process
- Establishes trust with all clients to be able to problem solve and exhibit knowledge and confidence in the material you are presenting
- Successfully manages and grows direct reports/team members — a resource for team members when assistance is needed with internal project management
- Balances short-term tactical and long-term strategic purview. Able to consider and plan for client and business initiatives 12-24 months out
- Manages finances of client group as business unit including revenue forecasting, client annual planning and account financials
- Possesses strong organizational, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains a positive, team-player attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- 5-7 years’ experience within the agency environment
- Experience in, and a passion for healthcare marketing
- Experience in pharmaceutical, medical technology or highly regulated brands is highly preferred, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Is a proven independent leader, with the capability to manage a team of agency experts to successfully bring a variety of digital and traditional projects to fruition for the client.
- Has successfully built trusted agency and client relationships in previous positions and a demonstrated track-record of generating organic growth thanks to exceptional work.
- Sets a motivational tone and establishes a high degree of optimism focused on the people you work with and the clients we work for.
- Is outgoing and persuasive and very comfortable meeting new people. Optimistic and upbeat in appearance, flexible with others, and uses a persuasive and "selling" communication style.
- Is a good listener that will glean the important information from team and client and be able to articulate those points, when required.
- Is very flexible, adaptable to change and pressure, due to shifting priorities or deadlines. You respond positively to unpredictable situations or problems that can occur throughout your work responsibilities.
- Sometimes perceived as impatient, but in reality, driven to react quickly and juggle tasks simultaneously. Pushes yourself and those around you to perform at peak levels.
- 401k with 3% Employer Contribution
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Personal Days, Generous Holiday Schedule
- Dog Fridays
- Remote Work Opportunities
Schaefer Advertising Co Talent Philosophy
Every job in the world comes with a certain set of expectations. But at Schaefer, we set the bar unapologetically high. Exceeding expectations is a great place to start. Every job matters, and whether it's behind the scenes or in front of our clients, performing each task with excellence is what sets us apart.
Every Schaefer employee is responsible for positively contributing to the length and breadth of our culture. We have a responsibility to each other and to our clients, so we will be
our best, healthiest selves. That doesn't mean we're all the same; we're a diverse collection of personalities, preferences, tastes and talents. We will be patient. We will be kind. We will be respectful and compassionate. We will put others first. We will always tackle conflict with respect.
Good work is expected. Great work is rewarded. We all play a role in advancing this company forward, and each person’s path will be clearly defined based on their responsibilities, performance, capacity to grow and drive to learn. We invest and reward employees who consistently demonstrate a drive for company and personal growth.
We will provide a clear path for all employees through training and experiences to develop the skills and characteristics needed for advancement. We value transparency in the form of open and honest dialogue across every position in the company. We want to understand your career aspirations – and we will be transparent with you as that relates to your opportunity for growth and advancement.
No one's perfect. And no one's an island. If we're going to meet our high standards and lofty goals for growth and achievement, we all need accountability. To us, this isn't a looking down but a coming alongside of one another as we all pursue excellence. You have a responsibility to yourself and to the agency to do what you say you are going to do, when you said you were going to do it. And help hold others accountable to doing the same.
What’s Next? If this opportunity and more importantly, Schaefer Advertising, feels like the right fit for you please submit your resume and cover letter here. All applicants will be contacted by our team with a follow up response. Our hiring process is rigorous, so expect a deep dive into not only what you know but who you are, all designed to ensure that we make the best hiring decisions for you and us.